Gwendolyn Stacy Daly


Gwendolyn Stacy Daly Arrived 2/05/10 at 7:03 pm she is 5.6 pounds and only 18 inches!
She is so tiny tiny ....but sooooooooooo cute!

I am not gonna lie labor was pretty easy compared to what I thought it was going to be. I got to the hospital at 7:30 AM I was 3 cm and 90% they had me walk around - Dr gave me a tablet to start contractions. Contractions started going around 10:30 am- Dr came in and broke my water.

What a crazy feeling! I thought that was one of the coolest things!
Then when the contractions got to be around 2 min apart I got the epidural. From there we waited.

Gwen cause some problems- she was facing the wrong way and would NOT turn- also her heart rate would drop super low with every contraction. That got pretty scary almost thought I would be getting a c-section...but because my Dr was awesome I was able to deliver vaginally.

Dr came in to insert a utern catheter to monitor Gwen and to put some fluids back in for her I was dilated to a 6 and he pushed me to a 9 by inserting that in.

Then in about 30 min from there they told me Gwen was ready and to start pushing!

Only pushed for 30 min no tearing or stiches of any kind- I got her out as quick as I could when I looked at the monitor and saw her heart rate was 83....tyler later said it got way lower than that(glad he didnt tell me that then I would have freaked).

So- as you can tell easy delivery and it was worth it!

Enjoy the pictures!








6 comments:

Natalie said...

She is just adorable! She is so tiny, but you will be amazed in just months she will be so huge and you will want that tiny little baby back. Treasure the moments and make sure you nap when she naps, one thing I didnt do and I regret it. Congrats to both you guys! Your gonna be a great mommy and Gwen is so lucky. Such a cute family!!! Glad the labor and delivery went well! Natalie

Samantha said...

She is PERFECT Careena!!! I love her! I'm glad everything went so smoothly! And you look awesome! :)

OurFamily said...

She's beautiful! And you look great! I'm glad everything went well. Good luck with everything!

Jill said...

Congrats! I am so glad everything went well. And yes that is tiny. Annabelle was faced the wrong way when she showed up as well. Which explained why it hurt so bad in my lower back before I got the epidural. She is beautiful--her coloring is great! Can't wait to see her!

Chris and Abby said...

Careena!!!!! CONGRATS!!! she is adorable.. so little and perfect. How fun!!! You look amazing for just having a baby. Keep taking lots of pictures :) It would be so fun to meet her one day. We need to plan something!!

Sopha said...

she is too cute! I love her name too! and wow-she is a teeny tiny girl!