Good News!

So- I am going to be completely honest and tell you that I was SOOO nervous about this new job. Basically "if" you are lucky to be hired on as full time you either work at :
1. The consumers (basically the adults with disabilities and there are about 2-4 in each home) you would go to there house with about 2 other people and cook, clean, bath, change them, etc.
2. Work in the DTA program which is basically a day program from 8-4pm Monday-Friday where you do crafts, bowling, vocational work, etc.

I am soo lucky that I was one of the only of 16 placed into the DTA program! How awesome and fun will that be!!! I am pretty excited to have a job especially in these hard times. I know Tyler and I dont look like we have much but we are working hard to get a wonderful life- and we WILL have it....and it WILL last a long time. This is a great opportunity- with this job it will prepare me for Nursing which is what Tyler and I are going into.

Its hard for me because I used to see everyone our age with nicer cars, TV's, children, etc and we didnt have those things. But, I am grateful for a husband and family who keep me focused on what we are working towards!

3 comments:

Kimberlee said...

Careena~ Congrats on your new job. I am glad that you got the better of the two. : )

You guys are being smart with focusing on what you "need" and not all the "wants". I am glad to see you so happy.

BTW~Disneyland looked so fun, it's ok to play now and then : )

Kim

James and Dixie Moore Family said...

Careena...we have been married for 10 years and still have never lived in a house and still don't drive nice cars and still have furniture from Goodwill...hang in there...good things come to those who wait!!!

Jackson Wright said...

congrats! Thanks for joining my fitness blog... you can also get workouts daily on my other blofg... fatbutfitaz.blogspot.com :) Good to see you are happy and things are going great! we miss you here at LJW... oh by the way, Karen quit yesterday - thought you might be interested.